COURSE OBJECTIVES, COMPETENCIES TO ACQUIRE:
The communication master course offers theoretical knowledge with a strong focus on practical, professional skills and competences. In order to achieve that objective
- the educational programme of the course is strongly media-oriented which is based on a thorough grounding in social and behavioural sciences;
- complying with current social and labour market demands, the course integrates the fields of communication theory, media studies, social sciences, political science, sociology, psychology and cultural studies within the field of social sciences offering a knowledge of high standard, which can be put to a profitable and practical use in various areas;
- the course is planned to include one optional modules: International Communication.
- In accordance with the educational objectives of the programme, the module places special emphasis on developing the cross-cultural and intercultural competences of students who are also introduced to the complex system of international organizations and the intricate processes that shape international relations.
SPECIALIZATION: INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION MODULE
By launching the International Communication module, we wish to provide for the training of professionals who are able to perform entrepreneurial, networking and managerial tasks in various fields of international social and political relations based on their comprehensive knowledge and skills gained in the area of mass communication and intercultural communication in addition to their excellent command of two foreign languages used for specific professional purposes.
The educational objective of the international communication module is to train experts with an excellent knowledge of English for specific purposes, experts who are able to fulfil demanding managerial, networking and organizational duties in a wide range of positions in the area of international business, politics and cultural relations.
The module also highlights the development of communications skills and the acquisition of special skills related to the successful strategies of career management.
In addition to the feedback of the labour market, the global spread of multimedia techniques and digital broadcasting, the proliferation of cable and internet-based television and the growing demand for an increasing number of various content providers all indicate an ever growing need for highly qualified media professionals in the near future who – possessing the necessary theoretical knowledge, technical skills and qualifications – are capable of performing a variety of tasks from professional television broadcasting through the production of corporate and institutional programmes and advertising material to granting the requests and orders of private media users.
The graduates of the communication master course may find employment in a wide range of areas within the field of media and culture including mass communication, traditional and electronic media, educational and cultural institutions, publishing houses and non-profit organizations. They may pursue their future career in the distribution networks of cultural products, at convention and event organizing enterprises but local political organizations as well as other regional bodies interested in social communication may count on the contribution of MA graduates in communication.
Furthermore, the thorough grounding in theoretical interdisciplinary studies makes our graduates eligible to continue their studies at doctoral programmes.
Epistemological Foundations of Communication, Media Regulation Theories, Contemporary Social History, Representation Theories, Effect Mechanisms of Interpersonal Communication, Non-verbal Communication, Contrastive Cultures, Social Communication Theories, Participating Media, Artistic Communication, Social Functions of Media, Cultural Studies, Visual Culture, Media Analysis, Media Research, Corporate Social Responsibility, Theories of Identity and Otherness, Methodology of Sociological Data Collection, International Organizations, International Relations, International Media, International Political Communication, International Organizational Communication, Foreign Language Communications Techniques, Communications Research Seminar.
- HEAD OF PROGRAM: Andras Murai PhD, Associate professor
- DEGREE: MA in Communication and Media
- QUALIFICATION as specified in the diploma: Communication and Media Studies Expert
- DURATION: 4 semesters
- LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: English
- STARTING DATE: September and February each year
- FIELD OF STUDY: Social sciences
- MODE OF STUDY: Full-time
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 11, 2015