Master in Biotechnology
The University of San Francisco offers a Professional Science Master's Degree in Biotechnology which offers students both valuable laboratory skills, and business skills necessary to gain the fast-track to a career in biotechnology.
The San Francisco Bay Area is one of the centers of biotechnology in America and the world. The University of San Francisco provides an exciting program that combines the rigor of molecular biology with business fundamentals — the essential background and depth of the biotech industry's interface between research and development, business management and ethical manufacturing.
The Biotechnology program at USF:
- Merges fundamental elements of science, technology and business to prepare graduates for a range of jobs in the biotechnology industry.
- Offers core graduate courses taught by USF research faculty, alongside elective courses taught by prominent practitioners in their fields.
- Includes an internship requirement that gives students the ability to gain valuable hands-on experience and opportunities to build personal and professional networks which positions them well for obtaining permanent employment upon graduation.
- Leverages the strategic location of the San Francisco Bay Area - the epicenter of biotechnology in the United States.
- Boasts an exceptionally low instructor to student ratio, with mentorship, leadership development and career support.
- Benefits from an Advisory Board composed of Bay Area biotech leaders from such pinnacle organizations as Genentech, UCSF, and Bio-Rad.
- Educated industry experts with the USF commitment to adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards and the goal of utilizing technology for a more humane and just world.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 30, 2016