This master's degree has been awarded the new distinction as an International Master's Programme (IMP) by the Government of Catalonia.
The master's degree in Applied Research in Economics and Business aims to provide an advanced education in terms of concepts and of methodology. It is addressed to students with an academic, professional and - fundamentally - research-oriented interest in the field of business creation and management, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and applied economics.
Students of this degree will be trained to analyse, investigate and understand the complexities of business and the functioning of the economy in general. They can then go on to further develop the analytical and methodological skills acquired on the master's degree, mainly in academic research (a subsequent PhD programme) or alternatively in applied research or analysis activities in businesses (business creation and management), public administration (economic policy) or other institutions.
Those interested in enrolling in this master's degree can apply for one of the grants offered by the Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation for graduates enrolling in master's degrees. A total of 5,000 Euros is offered in one enrolment aid for this master's degree. To apply you must have an excellent student record, a Spanish passport and you must enrol in the course full-time.
In addition, there is a tuition-waiver from IDEM research groups, to a student of any nationality. In order to be considered for these grants candidates should send their complete application to the programme by July 9th, 2014.
- Business research both in the public sector (technical or managerial posts in local, regional or national authorities) and in the private sector (businesses, financial institutions or economic and business consultancies).
- National and international bodies making studies and reports on economic and/or business matters.
- An academic career through research leading to a PhD on a programme at the UAB or another university in Spain or abroad.
- Social agents like chambers of commerce, economic and business promotion activities, business associations or trade unions.
- NGOs and/or businesses engaged in projects of cooperation for development, community or immigrant entrepreneurship, etc., usually with support from governments and national and international organisations.
Classes take place in the evenings, from 16:30h to 19:30h, Monday to Friday.
MAREB is a one-year research master, running from October to September. Welcome sessions take place during the last week of september, and teaching of the first two modules goes from the first week of October to the last one in January. Module 3 starts in February and finishes in April. The last term is dedicated to the master's thesis, which can be submitted in July or September.
Teaching takes place from Monday to Friday, between 16:30 and 19:30. Some activities (seminars, conferences, meetings) may be scheduled at different times.
Access to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Admission criteria are as follows.
- Students must have an official bachelor's degree in one of these areas:
- Economics (Economics, Business Administration and Management, Business and Technology, Accountancy and Finance, or equivalent)
- Other Social Sciences (Political Sciences and Sociology, Communication, Employment, Labour Relations, Law, Social Psychology or equivalent)
- Sciences (Applied Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Engineering (Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- Level B1 in English, on the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
In the case of there being more applicants than places available, the following criteria will be applied:
- Academic transcript: 70%
- Professional experience related to the contents of the Master's degree: 10%
- Other studies related to the contents of the Master's degree: 10%
- Good level of English, equivalent to Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: 5%
- Recommendation letters and motivation letter: 5%
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 30, 2016