This is a two-year English-taught programme at the Master level. It is aimed at training and developing research skills in a number of areas of modern mathematics and statistics, and in their applications. At the end of the studies, students are awarded a Master Degree from Novosibirsk State University, with an approval by the Russian Ministry of Science and Education.
The programme was started in October 2014 in two directions. These were Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorial Optimization, and Numerical Statistical Modelling.
GENERAL OVERVIEW. For the year 2016/17 we propose the four main directions. They are Probability and Statistics, Numerical Statistical Modelling, Numerical Methods, and Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorial Optimization, with a number of applications that include actuarial science, information security, and transport logistics. As well, in 2016-17 we expect to expand the list of directions towards mechanics and mechanical engineering.
The Programme is research-oriented. Each semester a student is supposed to devote half of the time to a research project, to be done at one of institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The 2nd year of studies is completed by a Master Dissertation.
Lecture courses and research supervision will be provided by professors of the Novosibirsk State University and leading researchers from institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The lists of prospective courses, of potential lecturers and supervisors, and further related details may be found at our webpage.
ACCOMMODATION: students will have an option of accommodation in a modern student's hostel with a low living cost.
FORMAL ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: BSc in mathematics/applied mathematics from a recognized university (with sufficiently high scores – equivalent to British 2.1 Degree)
FEES: usually we ask US$ 4.300 per year.
- Step 1. Submission of application form.
- Step 2. Expertise of the submitted documents by a peer’s commission.
- Step 3. Given acceptance, a student is contacted by the department of foreign affairs at the Novosibirsk State University to start the Visa procedure.
IMPORTANT DATES (preliminary schedule):
- 15 May 2016 – the date of submission of a graduate certificate, TOEFL or its equivalent, curriculum vitae, and some recommendation letter.
- 25 June 2016 – the admission date for the programme. This date is not an ultimate deadline. Depending on circumstances it may be reasonably prolonged.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 5, 2016