Master in Advanced Computer Networks
Communicating networks link the world of computing and telecommunications. This course provides you with a structured environment to encourage you to develop a critical understanding of relevant, modern theories associated with practical expertise in networking technologies and applications in a wide range of contexts.
Computer networking, the internet, and mobile communications are amongst the skills most highly sought-after by the computing industry today. Our course provides you with the theoretical rigour and evaluation of current research demanded of a Masters programme, together with detailed practical experience of network design, development, implementation and management. Our lecturers specialise in networks and have recent industry experience, so you'll benefit from their expertise. You'll also gain theoretical and practical skills using our dedicated Networks computer lab.
To develop this course, the University of Derby consulted employers and the industry to make sure the content is relevant and contemporary, and will help your career. You will have excellent employment and earnings potential as prospects include: working for network consultancy companies, providing in-house network support and administering networks. There is also a growing demand for specialists in network security and in network programming.
Language of Instruction: English
- Completed application form
- Translated (into English) and authenticated copy of University level degree in a Computing related field OR copies of professional certifications and evidence of working experience in the field
- Two (2) letters of reference (in English)
- Four (4) photographs
- Certified copy of your identity card or passport
- CV/resume (in English)
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 6.5 or CΑE or TOEFL 220 or equivalent)
- Academic interview
Last updated October 1, 2015