Master Program in Professional Interpretation
Taught in Italian or English
Translation has become one of the fastest-growing professions. This is because of the rapid rise of multinational businesses and of the use of electronic communication: If you speak two languages fluently, you are well positioned to become a translator, but this is not enough.
In a professional interpreter-training program in Professional Translation at Accademia Riaci in Florence, Italy you can acquire the linguistic, cultural and technical expertise to give you a competitive edge in this rapidly expanding job market. Interpreters generally work from their second language into their native language. So to be a successful Interpreter you should have an excellent command of your native language. Accademia Riaci is one of Italy’s leading professional college-based interpretation training programs. In our Interpretation courses you'll familiarize yourself with these, practice them and learn about additional resources for the thorny Interpretation problems you may encounter.
The Program will provide you with the professional linguistic skills, technical training and appropriate familiarity with technical tools that will make your foreign language background marketable for a broad variety of international jobs in areas as diverse as in-house and free-lance Interpretation, terminology, software localization and project management. The department reserves the right to prescribe additional courses in certain cases.
- Italian I
- Italian II
- Case Study In Translation
- Interpreting I
- Interpreting II
- Italian Politics
- Italian Economics
- Italian History
- Italian literature
- Italian Geography
- Foundation Drawing / Painting I
- Foundation Drawing / Painting II
- Three Dimention Design
- Art History
- Color Theory
**Curriculum would be changed without prior notice.
1. Graduates of Riaci's Basic and/or One - Year course, or...
- Graduates of 4 year colleges in art or design / Equivalent working or training exerience in a specific field, and desires to pursue their studies in a further advanced level.
2. Sufficient language proficiency in either Italian, English, or Japanese
3. A qualification exam including a 12 piece portfolio that best represents the student's work style is required for admission.
This school offers programs in: