Master Program in Glass Art
Taught in Italian or English
The graduate program in Glass at Accademia Riaci seeks students with a strong undergraduate background within the traditions of discipline. Students are expected to demonstrate both conceptual and technical excellence in a Glass area, as well as a profound interest in search and experimentation.
The program’s philosophy emphasizes the investigation and articulation of concepts leading to a high level of personal inquiry and resulting in work that challenges and extends the traditional boundaries of the media and their accepted definitions. As such, the curriculum is enhanced by artist seminar, an outstanding resource that brings nationally renowned artists and critics working in a variety of media and venues to the campus for lectures, workshops, and student tutorials.
This course provides access to the work and ideas of professional artists, demonstrating firsthand the interconnected network of education galleries and public art. The artists invited to the campus, the surrounding community itself is rich with opportunities in the visual and performing arts.
Glass Art Course
- Art History
- Advanced Stained Glass
- Advanced Fusing
- Advanced Mosaic
- Independent study in Stained Glass
- Developing Successful Portfolio
- Diploma Project
1. Graduates of Riaci's Basic and/or One - Year course, or...
- Graduates of 4 year colleges in art or design / Equivalent working or training exerience in a specific field, and desires to pursue their studies in a further advanced level.
2. Sufficient language proficiency in either Italian, English, or Japanese
3. A qualification exam including a 12 piece portfolio that best represents the student's work style is required for admission.
This school offers programs in: