Master Program in Ceramics
Taught in Italian only
The studio-based Master program in Ceramicsat Accademia Riaci is intended to broaden and advance the conceptual, critical, historical, and practical knowledge needed to sustain a contemporary studio.
The program has been designed to meet the needs of artists holding BFA or BA degrees or comparable professional practice who are pursuing a Master in Ceramics within a time frame that accommodates their employment or academic year schedule. To exploration in the major, students pursue interdisciplinary investigation in studio topics common to each discipline and address contemporary critical issues and methodology in seminars. During the program, students complete independent studios, projects, and independent thesis. Students maintain contact with studio faculty and present studio work at specific intervals throughout the off-campus semester and at final critiques held at the end of the program.
- Advanced Ceramics: Handbuilding
- Major Studio I
- Major Studio II:Terracotta
- Developing Successful Portfolio
- Independent study in Drawing
- Diploma Project
**Curriculum would be changed without prior notice.
1. Graduates of Riaci's Basic and/or One - Year course, or...
- Graduates of 4 year colleges in art or design / Equivalent working or training exerience in a specific field, and desires to pursue their studies in a further advanced level.
2. Sufficient language proficiency in either Italian, English, or Japanese
3. A qualification exam including a 12 piece portfolio that best represents the student's work style is required for admission.