This program is taught in ENGLISH. The Harbour Space Master of Interaction Design Programme provides a unique environment for students to become expert practitioners, and to engage with students from their own and other disciplines.
The program aims to explore new roles, contexts and approaches for interaction design and trains students to research, analyse, prototype, and design concepts in business, social, and cultural contexts within existing and emerging technologies.
Projects, which are often speculative and critical, aim to inspire debate about the human consequences of different technological futures and explore the strategic role of interaction design in shaping everyday life while highlighting the increased relevancy of design to business and society.
Graduates go on to work for corporations, design agencies or consultancies, academic and industrial research labs, and to set up their own design studios.
- Courses are a mixture of lectures and hands-on experimentation
- Regular opportunities for industry collaborations with companies
- Access to a network of world-leading experts working in computer science
- Teachers who are leading practitioners in their field
- Frequent guest lecturers across a variety of topics in Design and Technology
- Practical business courses preparing students for real-life situations
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration in group and applied year-end projects
- Connection to the real discipline of design and real companies in the industry
This Master of Interaction Design degree contains an extensive number of real interaction design cases moving through which the students will gain a solid understanding of the creative and decision making process in the design department of a real company or a design agency. All courses are electives, yet we strongly recommend students to take courses marked as core. In total 1 year Master's consist of 15 modules including 1 module of workshops & seminars, 1 client and 1 capstone projects. Our professors are not academic teachers – they are accomplished design professionals that have launched thousands of successful products and services and made many winning strategic decisions.
- Emerging Technologies for Physical Spaces
- Physical Computing
- User Experience Design
- Entrepreneurial Design
- Smart Objects
- Innovation in Service Design
- Future Wearables
- Content Strategy
- Storytelling, Narrative and Interactivity
- Design Management
- Selling & Presenting Design
- Data Visualization
- Audio & Video
- Motion Graphics
- Projection Mapping
- Interfaces for Disabled People
- Seminars & Workshops
- Client Project
- Personal Project
MATH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (MSL)
A Harbour.Space major requirement for all students in tech is a very good level of math. Anyone who lacks the strong math foundation they need for a career in tech, but is eager to learn has a home in our foundation course (link). Students acquire all the basic tools they need to continue studies in Computer Science, data Science or Cyber Security. Graduating from MSL means opening the doors to apply for a place at Harbour.Space University and any other top-rate tech university in the world.
Co-founder, Anton & Irene
Co-founder, Anton & Irene
- Junior Designer
- Mid-Weight Designer
- Senior Designer
- Art Director
- Creative Director
LIVING IN BARCELONA
Studying in Barcelona has the following advantages:
Barcelona is #1 in Europe for quality of life and clearness of environment (2012 Quality of Life City Rankings – Mercer Survey)
- Barcelona is #1 in the world for the level of infrastructure and urban development (2011, Ernst & Young).
- The region of Catalonia, where Barcelona is the capital, contributes significantly to the Spanish GDP. The growth of Catalonia’s GDP is currently 3.3%, much higher than in Europe on average. Catalonia’s exports are €42.2 billion, higher than in any other region of Spain.
- 7,000+ innovation and technological companies during the last 10 years.
- Barcelona is 6th in Europe for attractiveness and comfort for doing business (European Attractiveness Survey 2011, Ernst & Young),
- Barcelona is 2nd in Europe (after London) for being promoted as a business center (European Cities Monitor 2011);
- Barcelona is 2nd in the world for hosting different international conferences and congresses (City and Country World Report 2011, ICCA ). Barcelona is the host of the annual World Mobile Congress, which attracts thousands of international companies that work in the mobile industry.
- 7,000,000 + millions of tourists / year
- 20° C - average temperature during the day
- 2437 hours of sunshine/ year
- Cost of living 550 euro / month
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 14, 2016