This program is taught in ENGLISH. Harbour.Space is a unique blend of academics program, start-up accelerator, venture builder, and real world experience designed to prepare students to become the next generation of successful high tech entrepreneurs.
The Master of High-Tech Entrepreneurship program methodology combines the fundamentals of technology entrepreneurship, pioneered in Silicon Valley, with the processes developed by leading technology entrepreneurs, accelerators such as Y Combinator and company builders such as Rocket Internet to quickly start and accelerate technology companies. To gain practical experience alongside the theory, students form teams and work on real world startup companies in those teams. Students should be prepared to work in a highly competitive environment that will challenge their skills and perseverance every day. Teams will be matched with mentors, and the best teams will be selected to pitch their ideas to investors.
The first year can be seen as a basic starter pack for tomorrow’s entrepreneurs. Students enter the programme with an idea they want to make reality. We start with the skills of presenting an idea well – because a lot of genius goes unnoticed in the world simply because an idea is communicated inadequately. Students will work on the basis of Lean/Pitch Canvas frameworks for idea validation, identity and communication strategy and they learn how to make their idea pass the business model test. Students learn how to identify opportunities and obstacles in business entrepreneurship. Furthermore, students are immersed in all the business basics of running a start-up: lean business models, business validation, business plan preparation, USP/SVP identification, etc.
- From Zero to Hero
- Lean Start-up
- Design Thinking
- Digital Product Development
- Technical Project Management
- The Startup Stack
- Capstone Project - Alfa Version
- Sales Basics
- Hiring & Leading Teams
- Needs Finding and Concept Creation
- Customer Acquisition for Start-ups
- Business Models / Business Model Innovation
- Capstone Project – MVP version
- The Power of Storytelling in Business
- Identity and Communications
- Building and Managing Professional Sales Organisations
- Interpersonal Dynamics and Conflict Resolution
- Global Value Chain Strategies
- Managing High Growth Enterprises
- Seminars & Workshops
- Capstone Project - Demo Day
Ingo Beyer Von Morgenstern
Prof. Dr. -ING. and MBA INSEAD, Director Emeritus European and Asian High Tech, Telecom and Media Practice McKinsey&Comp. Serial Internet Start-up Entrepreneur, Founder Qilin Capital Fund
Founder of Venture Capital Firm Global Catalyst Partners (GCP), Partner of 500 Start Ups
LIVING IN BARCELONA
Studying in Barcelona has the following advantages:
- Barcelona is #1 in Europe for quality of life and clearness of environment (2012 Quality of Life City Rankings – Mercer Survey)
- Barcelona is #1 in the world for the level of infrastructure and urban development (2011, Ernst & Young).
- The region of Catalonia, where Barcelona is the capital, contributes significantly to the Spanish GDP. The growth of Catalonia’s GDP is currently 3.3%, much higher than in Europe on average. Catalonia’s exports are €42.2 billion, higher than in any other region of Spain.
- 7,000+ innovation and technological companies during the last 10 years.
- Barcelona is 6th in Europe for attractiveness and comfort for doing business (European Attractiveness Survey 2011, Ernst & Young),
- Barcelona is 2nd in Europe (after London) for being promoted as a business center (European Cities Monitor 2011);
- Barcelona is 2nd in the world for hosting different international conferences and congresses (City and Country World Report 2011, ICCA ). Barcelona is the host of the annual World Mobile Congress, which attracts thousands of international companies that work in the mobile industry.
- 7,000,000 + millions of tourists / year
- 20° C - average temperature during the day
- 2437 hours of sunshine/ year
- Cost of living 550 euro / month
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 14, 2016