The Empirical and Theoretical Economics (ETE) Master’s Programme of the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and the Paris School of Economics offers graduate economic training tailored to the needs of students preparing themselves for:
- Positions in academic research and teaching;
- Positions in government agencies and international organizations, banks and financial institutions, as well as non-profit organizations.
Graduate-level Economics degrees are acquired through a Master or a Ph.D
The teaching programme of the Master aims to provide a deep understanding of:
- The methods of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory;
- The theory and the practice of econometrics;
- A deep knowledge of the international trade, international finance and economic geography theories.
The following applications of these tools to:
- the elaboration and evaluation of macro- and micro-economic policies,
- international trade and globalization,
- labor economics, economics of family and demography
- industrial organization,
- economic behavior under uncertainty,
Further objectives are to undertake this training in a demanding and active research environment providing a wide variety of research seminars. But also to develop individual research skills under the supervision of well-published researchers, and develop individual writing skills through various memoirs and a Master’s dissertation.
For students with the Master’s degree, non-academic positions such as economist or statistician in national administrations in France, Europe and other countries, international organisations, bank and insurance companies will be the main career opportunities. The career opportunities for young PhDs are academic positions in French or international universities, research institutions and international organisations. Students will benefit from the excellence of the PSE research units when entering the Academic Job Market.
Application Deadlines for September 2015
- Foreign students: between 16th and 29th March 2015
- French students: M1: 30th March-10 April 2015, M2 : 4th-16th May 2015
ETE Master Fees
Fees are around 250 euros per year, in addition to approximately 210 euros for social security (for those under the age of 28). Studying at PSE is free of any additional fees.