Master in hospitality: innovation and management
The Master programme in Innovative Hospitality Management is the result of an international collaboration between TSI-Tourism Sant Ignasi affiliated to the ESADE Foundation and a member of Ramon Llull University (Barcelona, Spain) and the Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM) of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences (Maastricht, the Netherlands). This one-year master in hospitality programme, held in association with the Oxford Brookes University Business School (Oxford, UK), is directed at graduates with a particular interest in the creative and multicultural aspects of the hospitality industry.
The three pillars of this masters in hospitality (Innovative Hospitality Management MSc) programme are:
The successful implementation of new ideas and business concepts: the main driver for the creation of wealth and an essential tool in a culturally diverse, knowledge-based society.
The quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests in a warm, friendly, generous and professional way.
The creative and systematic pursuit of organizational goals, by planning, organizing, leading and controlling the available resources in a concerted and sustainable way.
With an annual growth forecast of 5 percent for this decade, the Travel and Tourism sector is one of the world's largest and fastest growing industries. Its importance should not be underestimated. For example, it represents more than 50% of direct investments to developing countries. Emerging markets in general, and China in particular, are mainly responsible for the growth of the travel and tourism industry. Tourism has also become one of the main sources of international contact and cultural exchange.
Master in Hospitality requirements
The master programme 'Innovative Hospitality Management'is a pre-experience programme. It is advisable for people with a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or a related field of expertise (for example a Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA).Specific requirements for admission are as follows:
• A minimum of a three year university degree on a bachelor level. A Hospitality or Management related background is advisable.
• As the programme is delivered in English, proficiency in English is required certified by an IELTS 6.0 or Toefl 550, Toefl 213 Computer-based, 79-80 iBT or Cambridge Advance exam or an alternative certifcate of C1 level issued by the University’s academic secretary.
• A certificate from the university which states that the applicant has completed a Bachelor Degree programme, of at least 180 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), and allows him/her to enrol in a Masters Programme.
• Two reference letters and one motivation letter.
- Full Tuition Fee*: € 14,500
- Application Fee (non-refundable): € 250
- Early Bird Fee (full tuition fee paid before June 1st, 2013): € 13,775
It is possible to defer your admission if you are unable to attend the programme. If you want to do so, please contact us as soon as possible. We will then reserve a place for you in the next intake. Please note that deferment is only allowed for two years. You are not required to deposit another € 250. However, if you do not enroll during the two year period, you are required to file a new application and pay the application fee once more.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 5, 2016