This Master’s program is completely taught in English and it lasts 2 years with a total of 120 ECTS credits earned; the program has only one intake (October). The course provides knowledge and practical expertise in the field of Earth Sciences related to the natural resources and the environmental hazards, aiming to form a geologist able to operate in: a) the study, exploration, exploitation and sustainable use of geo-resources (water, hydrocarbons, geo-materials, geothermal energy); b) the study of geological hazards (monitoring, evaluation, mitigation management, prevention).
Time is dedicated to the acquisition of interdisciplinary knowledge, especially useful in addressing environmental issues (like groundwater pollution, disaster management or effects of climate change) and transversal competences (use of advanced software and programming codes). Practical workshops held by geologists working in specific fields help introducing the students to the professional world.
Program Pre-Requisites / documents to be provided for pre evaluation:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field of study (Geosciences, Geophysics, Environmental/natural sciences, Engineering with suitable geology background is required. The students must also have a background in chemistry, mathematics and physics at university level) (translated in English or Italian, any format).
- Curriculum Vitae (translated in English or Italian, any format).
- English proficiency certificate for non-English mother tongue. Minimum requirements: CEF B2; IELTS 6.5.
APPLICATION IN 3 STEPS
1. PRE-EVALUATION: In order to get a pre-evaluation student should apply online (for more information please contact: email@example.com) between February and April after collecting all essential academic documents, including: Bachelor Degree; List of subjects studied; Syllabuses of subjects studied in Italian or English. The academic documents will be reviewed by the course committee. If the curriculum is accepted, an informal pre-acceptance letter will be sent back via e-mail.
2. Student visa request: Non-European students, who have been positively pre-evaluated, go to the Italian embassy in their Country of residence in order to apply for the Visa during the Visa Processing Period (usually between the end of May and the beginning of July). Depending upon the Country of residence, students may have to produce a copy of the pre-evaluation letter from the University by the embassy along with all the other documents. Non-European and European students alike must provide official copies of all documents requested translated into Italian.
3. ENROLMENT: Once in Italy to confirm enrolment, you must produce the originals of the following documents at the Student Registry: Document of identity (ID or passport) - Two photos - The original High -school diploma and its legal translation with the official stamps of the Italian diplomatic authority Embassy or Consulate - ‘Dichiarazione di valore” document (Declaration of Validity) issued by the Italian diplomatic authority in the countries where the diploma was awarded, in which it is specified that the Diploma has been conferred on completion of a minimum of 12 years of education - Receipt of the payment of the first instalment of the tuition fees (This document is not required by students awarded a regional scholarship) - Receipt of payment of €250 as first instalment of the €500 levy and, only for students participating the ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE, the receipt of the payment of the first instalment of 2000 Euros It is important to note that you will receive a username and password for all UNICAM services upon your arrival, but that your username will only be activated by the Student Registry when your enrolment process has been finalised.
Fees: Tuitions are payable when the student matriculate into the program in Italy (no application fees applied). The amount of the fee depends upon the family income of the student (may vary from 355 euros to 1000 euros + a levy of 500 euros that can be paid by instalments over two years). If the student graduated with 100/100 (4.0 equivalent), he\she does not need to pay any tuition fees.
International students who have chosen the University of Camerino for their studies can take opt for the all-inclusive package. Interested students should apply by sending an email to the University Welcome Office (please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information). The cost of the all-inclusive package is €6500 per year to be paid by the student in installments.
Scholarship: for more information please contact email@example.com.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 19, 2016