Master - Cultural Diversity in Education
The program «Cultural Diversity in Education» is committed to identifying, educating, and placing highly qualified teacher-leaders in the educational environment. The program is designed for graduates with a BA in Education and in other disciplines, practicing teachers, faculty members, administrators and principals who teach and lead both in culturally homogeneous environments and in culturally diverse classrooms, schools, groups, teams and communities. The program is focused on multicultural, social, political, philosophical and religious problems in multinational groups. This program is an ideal choice for those who seek to prepare for the unique challenges and opportunities of teaching in multicultural classrooms. The program is based on innovative original methods and materials of highly experienced faculty.
Educational objectives of the program
- To meet the growing demand by educators for the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to address and embrace cultural diversity.
- To provide an opportunity to raise cultural awareness and intercultural competence through tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and learning.
- In addition, students will be taught creative strategies and basic techniques for dealing effectively with cultural diversity in their classrooms, schools, and communities.
Expected student learning outcomes
You will develop your skills as effective and reflective educational administrators, leaders or managers in different educational environments. You can upgrade your skills and qualifications. After completing the program “Cultural Diversity in Education”, the student should attain:
- knowledge, tools and dispositions to effectively facilitate diverse classrooms, schools, and communities;
- ability to understand and identify differences in approaches to learning and performance, including different learning styles and ways in which students demonstrate learning;
- understanding how students’ learning is influenced by individual experiences, talents, gender, culture, family and community values;
- ability to promote positive relationships among teachers, students, and parents in order to maximize student achievement.
Career outcomes (opportunities)
Students enrolled in the program are prepared for careers in teaching, administration, counseling, or research at the local, regional and international educational institutions, in roles such as:
- leading teacher
- educational management consultant
- teacher in adult and community education
- specialist practitioner consultant
- policy and planning officer,
- education officer
- school principal
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 4, 2016