Master’s programme in Textile Engineering
The Master’s programme in Textile Engineering focuses on advanced technological textiles, where the design process has a crucial role, but where also materials engineering, nano-technology and crossdisciplinary insight into the textile value chain are extremely important for the outcome. It is intended to qualify you for employment in managerial and developmental roles within the textile industry and related activities.
There is a vivid exchange with current research in the field, strong professional links and the capacity to stimulate students to develop their skills for qualified employment within the textile sector, which may include a scientific career or developing their own business. Your capacity for innovation will be encouraged and together with deep subject knowledge you become well placed to create and support new businesses in the industry. The programme will provide environmental, ecological, ethical and globalization-related awareness. Building a personal network is important and is supported in the School of Textiles environment through interaction with a range of people in design, technology and management professions.
Upon graduation, you will have skills in and be prepared for employment within management or qualified research functions in textile-related engineering, for example material and product design and development, manufacturing, functional and interactive textile structures. You will be prepared for qualified tasks at the advanced level within the textile technology field and will have attained a comprehensive understanding of the textile value chain with specialisation in development, innovation and leadership.
Upon graduation, you will have the ability to:
- demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of textile materials, processes and applications;
- apply essential theories and methods in materials and manufacturing technology;
- critically and systematically gather literature and theory within the textile engineering area;
- lead and participate in the development, design, manufacturing and adaptation of advanced and smart textile products;
- apply acquired knowledge of the textile value chain, with a focus on logistics, resource efficiency, sustainability and quality;
integrate and apply knowledge in the field for research and development purposes and other skilled activities;
- quickly obtain new organisational skills and apply them to textile-related development and innovation by creating, analysing and critically evaluating various textile process-related solutions;
- develop and design textile materials, products, processes and systems with regard to human conditions and needs and society’s objectives for economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development;
- participate in teamwork and cooperate in groups of differing composition.
- Bachelor´s degree in Textile Technology/Engineering, 180 credits, or equivalent.
- Verified knowledge of English corresponding to the course English B in the Swedish Upper Secondary School or a Bachelor´s degree from a university in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland or Iceland.
Last updated June 9, 2016