Master’s degree in History of Christian Civilization
The Master’s Degree in “Storia della Civiltà Cristiana” (History of Christian Civilization, code LM-84 according to the Italian Regulation) is a development of the Bachelor’s degree in History, activated at Università Europea di Roma. It is meant to conduct a deep study of the historical facts in light of Christian principles and teachings, with special regard to the history of Europe. Scientific Method is used in documenting how such principles and teachings contributed to the development of civilization.
The Master’s degree in History of Christian Civilization aims to give students methods and techniques necessary to:
- Study the history of Christian civilization and to verify the connections between its development and the cultural values of the Christian message.
- Acquire advanced knowledge on the historic and cultural identity of Christianity.
- Conduct a deep analysis of Christian events and characters whose influence on human events was the most significant.
- Acquire capability of conducting a profound investigation of the history of Christianity and of its influence on the history of populations as well as on the history of Literature and of the Arts.
- Acquire capability of analyzing the relationships between Christianity and the other great monotheistic religions, in order to better understand the other religions’ spirituality in comparison with Christian religion.
Most of regular classes are given in Italian. A good working competence in this language is therefore recommended.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 3, 2016