MSc/PgDip/PgCert in Product Engineering Design
This Masters programme provides a physical, product-focused, engineering design postgraduate training. It addresses the issues associated with a rapidly changing market and the demands for better, cheaper and personalised products developed within the shortest possible time.
As a graduate you’ll become part of a new generation of professional product engineering designers who are able to apply their knowledge, experience and skills in engineering design. You’ll have the confidence to design and engineer solutions to industrial and domestic design problems.
The course gives you a thorough understanding of the methods, techniques and tools used in engineering products. Traditional and advanced computer-support techniques are introduced in the course, such as:
- design methods
- product design techniques
- finite element analysis
- product visualisation, including 3D visualisation
You’ll enhance your understanding of, and skills in:
- design process & product development
- computer aided design
- rapid prototyping
- model making
Who’s the course suitable for?
The course is suitable for:
- graduates from relevant engineering courses such as mechanical or manufacturing engineering, computer science or other product-development related courses
- engineers or product-related practitioners working in product engineering design, engineering project management, engineering analysis and associated supporting functions
The course is designed to provide you with:
- an in-depth understanding of product engineering knowledge
- skills and ability to create innovative products
- an ability to follow rigorous design process models and methodologies
- Product Modelling & Visualisation
- Product Design Techniques
- CAED Systems
- Industrial Group Project
- Postgraduate Individual Project
- Design Management
Choose from this list
- Systems Integration
- Design Methods
- Sustainable Product Design & Manufacturing
- Information Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management
Learning & teaching
This course is delivered through a balanced mix of lectures, tutorials and project works. Emphasis is placed on the industrial team project that brings you in contact with industry. Industrial contacts are regularly invited to present based on their experience.
Assessment is by assignments, individual and group projects, presentations and examinations.
MSc - First or second-class Honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant engineering, technology or science discipline.
PgDip - Degree, or good HND plus relevant industrial experience, may be considered for entry to the Postgraduate Diploma. Depending on satisfactory progress, students may transfer from the Diploma to the Master’s course.
English Language Requirement
IELTs 6.5 or equivalent
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 1, 2016