MSc in Professional Learning and Leadership
The Master’s course is suitable for:
- Experienced lecturers working in the FE Sector
- Experienced educators working in the wider post-16 education and training sector
The course has been designed with the aim of providing a challenging but rewarding qualification that reflects the contemporary developments which are taking place in Scotland’s post-16 education sector.
Each module within the course has its own set of specific objectives. However, overall the course sets itself objectives which will enable participants to:
- Reflect, analyse and evaluate policies and practices within the sector
- Develop their own knowledge and skills for future continuous advancement
Structure and content
Length of study will normally be three years, but those who are awarded postgraduate entry credit will differ. For further information please contact the Course Director.
Delivery and assessment
The course is taught using a combination of lectures, seminars and online. Materials are made available via Succeed.
The attendance requirement for most modules is equivalent to four half days per module, with all course materials available online in advance.
The Master’s course of study is designed to equip those engaged in education and training in the post-16 sector to enhance and develop their knowledge and skills. For those working in this sector, there is an increasing demand for expertise not only within the classroom environment but also for management roles. The achievement of a Master’s degree may be perceived as a career advantage.
- 2015/16 Overseas £696 per 20 credit module
- 2015/16 Home/EU £400 per 20 credit module
A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
At least one years' teaching experience is required.
Please note: If you are a student from overseas and applying with a Tier 4 student visa, we unfortunately can not accept your application for this course as it falls into the category of being part-time, delivered online or a distance learning course.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS: 6.5 with 6.0 minimum in each skill
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Grade C
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Grade B
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 60 with 56 in each component
- IBT TOEFL: 90 with no subtest less than 20
If you don’t meet the required score you may be able to register for one of our pre-sessional English courses. To register you must hold a conditional offer for your course and have an IELTS score 0.5 or 1.0 below the required standard.
This school offers programs in: