The MSc in Petroleum Geology is a two-year multidisciplinary course covering a range of earth science and related subjects, and their application to the exploration and production of hydrocarbons. The course is intended to prepare students for professional positions in the petroleum industry, environmental and geotechnical consulting industries, government agencies and for graduate studies at the doctoral level. The course has been structured in close collaboration with ENI - one of the world leading Oil & Gas Multinational - which also delivers technical seminars during the course.
Program Pre-Requisites / documents to be provided for pre evaluation:
- Degree in a relevant field of study (translated in English or Italian, any format).
- Curriculum Vitae(in English, any format).
- Motivation Letter(in English, any format).
- English proficiency certificate for non-English mother tongue. Minimum requirements: IELTS 6.0-TOEFL IBT 65/PBT 513/CBT 183- CEF B2- OR ALL OTHER EQUIVALENTS). In exceptional cases students who cannot provide a certificate may be considered for a Skype interview in order to assess their knowledge of English.
- Italian Language Competency certificates.
APPLICATION IN 3 STEPS
PRE-EVALUATION: In order to be pre-evaluated, students must collect the required documents to be sent to the relevant program coordinator. For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMBASSY: Non-European students who have been positively pre-evaluated, must go to the Italian Embassy in their Country of residence in order to apply for the Visa during the Visa Processing Period (usually between the end of May and the beginning of July). Depending upon the Country of residence, students may have to produce a copy of the pre-evaluation letter from the University to the Embassy along with all the other documents. Non-European and European students alike must provide official copies of all the requested documents, translated into Italian.
- MATRICULATION: Students arrive in Perugia and go to the university Office for International Students to matriculate into the their program of interest in September/October.
This program has only one intake (mid-September).
Fees: Tuitions are payable when the student matriculate into the program in Italy (no application fees applied). The tuition is composed of governmental taxes; this variable amount depends upon the student family income and it ranges from 503€ to 1,764€ per year (international students usually pay less than 1,000€ per year). All tuitions may be paid in two instalments.
Scholarship: for more information please contact email@example.com.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 19, 2016