MSc in Organisational Development and Change
Who is the MSc in Organisation Development and Change for?
This is an ideal programme for aspiring and current managers who are interested in organisational behaviour, organisational development and the management of change in an ever more complex and demanding environmental context. The programme provides you with a behavioural lens and enhanced ability to think and act analytically, strategically and creatively. A background in business, social science or psychology is an advantage. The programme is geared towards organisation of all types: public sector and private, commercial and not-for-profit.
What is the programme about?
The MSc in Organisation Development and Change is about more deeply understanding organisations and the people that work within them. The programme takes a people-centred, process led approach to organisational development and change. It highlights a systems perspective and examines the individual, group, organisational and sociological context of human behaviour and change.
We aim to give you a strong theoretical and practical foundation in research and contemporary thinking about human behaviour, organisational analysis and the management of change.
What will I learn?
- You will sharpen your analytical and critical thinking and develop knowledge and skills that can be applied to a range of organisational and group settings.We use experience, metaphor and case study to equip you with analytical frameworks and up-to-date perspectives.
- We work together with you to research and creatively engage with organisational challenges. We also pay attention to the roles of coach and leader, fine-tuning professional workplace skills through role play, presentation, group work, and other tasks.
How will I benefit?
We strive to graduate engaged, reflective practitioners and positive change makers. The programme will enhance your career prospects and give you the building blocks for lifelong self-directed learning.
Applications are now being accepted for this programme for the 2013/14 academic year. All applications must be submitted on-line.
We seek a diverse student profile to benefit the class and reflect the workplace:
- This programme is suitable for students with an undergraduate degree in Business/Commerce, Political and Social Science, Psychology, Economics, Sociology or related areas who wish to deepen their knowledge and skills. This programme is also open to post experience candidates seeking to accelerate or re-direct their careers.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- A minimum second-class honours degree (or equivalent) in any of the disciplines mentioned above OR
- An honours Graduate Diploma in Business Studies. OR
- A primary degree with a minimum of three years’ work experience in the area of Management, Organisational Behaviour, Human Resources, Consultancy or a related discipline.
- Please Note: Degree awards (levels, categories, classification) vary greatly across countries. International students are urged to contact the Admissions Office to get clarification on equivalent grades and the grades required for entry to this Masters programme. The UCD GPA system ranges from 4.2 downwards, unlike many other universities for which it is 4.0.
Fees Full Time : €11,900 EU
€14,500 Non EU
Fees Part Time : €6,500 pa EU
€7,800 Non EU
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 13, 2016