MSc in Medical Biochemistry
AIMST University now offers a Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry that is purely research based. This programme is designed to train graduates to demonstrate:
- Basic knowledge in the fields of Biochemistry, Biostatistics, Information Technology, Genetic, Medical Biochemistry and Bioinformatics.
- Plan and conduct a given research projects, analyse and interpret the data obtained.
- Motivation and skill required to pursue further research and life-long learning.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in the use and application of information technology tools.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to work in a team.
- Managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
Bachelor in Biochemistry (Hons), or other related science degree.
Components of the Programme
The candidate will be engaged in lab-based research formulated in consultation with research supervisors and co-supervisors and carried out under their supervision.
Foundation Programme (4 months)
This programme consists of three taught modules : Fundamentals in Humans Anatomy, Human Physiology and Medical Biochemistry [total 15 Core Credits at Malaysian Qualification Framework (MQF) Level 6]. The Foundation Programme is optional for those whose entry qualification is MBBS, BDS, B.Pharma or Biomedicine; candidates whose primary qualification is not one of the above degrees must undergo this programme. There is an examination at the end of this Foundation Programme.
Continuous assessment will be done through the assessment of interim presentation of projects work. The final assessment and recommendation for graduation is primarily based on the evaluation of the candidate’s report of research projects and his/her defence of this projects.
Future Career Prospects
- Further research towards a PhD
- R & D Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Patents and Intellectual Property Right
- Environmental Monitoring and Pollution Control
- Genetic Counseling and Forensic Science
- Teacher in Academic Institutions