MSc in Leadership
Given the challenges confronting modern organisations, leadership is emerging as the single most important element in determing which will succeed and which will fail. The leadership qualities you display will determine not only the success of your organisation but also the nature of your career trajectory. This MSc in Leadership programme is designed to significantly increase your leadership capability so that you can function with increased confidence and maximise your impact and influence.
Is this programme for you?
The MSc in Leadership programme is designed for health professionals seeking to significantly develop their leadership capability, increase their self-insight and maximise their impact on others and on their organisations.
Delivery & Design
The MSc in Leadership programme is delivered over two years. Participants attend sessions between September and May each year. The first year requires 18 days attendance and the second year requires six days attendance.
Given the time constraints on participants, the programmes are flexible and can be completed over a five year period.
The Msc in Leadership programme will provide students with the skills and knowledge to:
- Facilitate the personal and professional development of participants to increase their capacity to fulfil supervisory, managerial and leadership roles in a healthcare environment.
- Develop the ability to challenge assumptions and to question values, beliefs and policies underpinning change and healthcare management, at individual and organisational levels.
- Develop participants as reflective practitioners with the skills, confidence and awareness necessary to identify and implement evidence-based management and leadership practices.
- Develop the ability to integrate skills, attitudes and knowledge gained throughout the programme and to apply these in practice.
- Develop the ability to apply learning into the healthcare environment.
- Develop the leadership competencies, skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to lead and to manage change effectively.
- Develop competencies in people management particularly in relation to the management of multidisciplinary teams and transdisciplinary teams.
Learning on each module is assessed by one of a number of methods - individual assignment or team assignment.