MSc in Information Technology Management
The Programme operates under University of Sunderland standard postgraduate regulations and is run at INtel College, Nairobi, under an approved validation by both the University of Sunderland, UK and the Commission for University Education, (CUE), Kenya.
2014 Intakes/Term dates
- 25 Jan. 2014 - 18 Apr. 2014
- 17 May 2014 - 9 Aug. 2014
- 6 Sept. 2014 - 29 Nov. 2014
Aims of the Programme
The curriculum predominately consists of technical knowledge and skills to enable the pursuit of a career in a wide variety of Information Technology Management environments. The Masters in Information Technology Management (ITM) has been designed to develop knowledge and the ability to manage Information Technology. The aim of the Programme is to provide a postgraduate course of study, which will:
- Produce hybrid managers; that is, managers who combine information technology and computing skills with business and organizational skills.
- Enable a critical evaluation of information technology in order to ensure its effective deployment in an organization.
- Provide the students with the ability to take the lead in the adoption of a systematic, professional, quality approach to IT systems development.
- Enable the student to work with and manage technical specialists, especially on larger projects.
- Identify the appropriate role for information technology in developing and implementing corporate strategy.
- Research Skills and Academic Literacy
- Project Management and Control
- Intelligent Systems for Management
- Electronic Commerce
- Managing People and Project Leadership
- Project Risk and Quality Management
- Decision Support for Management
Course Fees & Schedule
Schedule of classes
Students will be required to complete 7 subjects and a Project. Students will attend 2 two and half hour sessions per week either on weekdays from 5:30pm to 8pm and on Saturdays from 0800am to 1030am or 11:00am to 1:30pm Course duration
The Programme will run for 2 years. Course fees
- Application Fee: KShs 2,000/-
- Tuition and Exam fees Year 1 – UK 2700 pounds plus KShs 30,000/-
- Tuition and Exam fees Year 2- UK 2700 pounds plus KShs 60,000/-
Fees must be paid as per the fee structure provided which includes options for installment payments.
Fees include access to the University on-line library.
- Entry: 2:2 honours degree or above in a Computing or IT related discipline.
- Completing the Admission Process
- Complete the Admission form
- Provide 2 passport size photographs
- Provide your CV detailing your qualifications and work experiences
- Provide letter from your supervisor stating your job position and job description
- Provide certified copies of your academic credentials
- Make application fee payment of KShs 2,000/- ( two thousand only) by cash deposit direct to the College account or by cheque payment to INTEL COLLEGE.
- Submit items 1-6 above to the College Administrator
What do my fees provide me with? Your fee includes a vast number of services such as enrolment on the programme, tuition in each of the subjects, use of the facilities at INtel including use of the computer labs and the internet. The fees also include examinations, forwarding of your assignments, exams to the University, administration services, access to the University on-line library.
Each student will also be provided with an essential textbook as part of the course.