MSc in Food and Agro-Processing Technology
The Master of Science in Food and Agro-Processing Technology (M.Sc. FAPT) is a professional programme designed to produce highly skilled technical graduates who are on the cutting edge of innovation in the food and agro-processing sectors. With the support of internationally recognized faculty, graduates will gain a competitive advantage for employment in both the private and public sectors.
The M.Sc. FAPT is offered both on a full time (16 months) and a part time (28 months) basis. A post-graduate diploma (full time only) is also offered.
Special emphasis has been placed on the Processed Food Value Chain in the design of this programme and the integration of the core courses therein. In addition, the novel inclusion of a course on "Agro-processing Problem Solving" is intended to provide students with the relevant tools to tackle problems in processing - from selection of inputs (by primary producers) to product failure in the market (detected by consumers).
The Master of Science in Food and Agro-Processing Technology is the latest taught masters programme offered by the Department of Chemistry.
- Agro-Processing Technologies
- Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Research Methods: Principles and Practice in the Food and Agro-processing Sectors
- Food Chemistry
- Packaging: Materials and Applications
- Food Safety and Quality Standards
- Product Development
- Agro-Processing Problem Solving
- Agri-Business Management
ELECTIVE (PROCESS SPECIALIZATION) COURSES
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood Processing
- Fruits, Vegetables, Root Crops and Tubers Processing
- Herbs, Spices, Essential Oils, Nutraceuticals and Fine Chemicals
- Edible Oils, Fats & Biofuels Processing
- Cereal and Grain Processing
- Post Harvest Technologies
- Dairy Chemistry and Dairy Products Technology
- Food Chemistry Practical
- Research Project I
- Research Project II