MSc in Finance and Investment
A University of Nottingham masters, taught in English.
The degree provides a full-time course for those seeking positions in Finance and Investment. The programme is based around the three main classes of capital investment activity - equity markets, fixed interest markets, and derivative markets.
Participants in the MSc Finance and Investment programme can also use the dissertation component to concentrate in-depth on a Finance and Investment topic according to individual interests and career requirements.
The MSc Finance and Investment degree is intended to enable students to:
- develop knowledge and skills in fundamental management disciplines, while also including specialist modules in specific areas of Finance
- examine and assess different aspects of the financial environment and provide insights into the operation of Finance and financial services
- be capable of a critical evaluation of the core business / finance disciplines
- have a structured programme that allows students to focus upon advanced developments in Finance and Investment to meet their specific interests and career aspirations
- have opportunities in a variety of careers such as accountancy, auditing, business development, financial advice, investment management, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, procurement, research, risk assurance, tax consultancy and trading
- enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development to contribute to society at large.
Applicants for this MSc must have a bachelor degree in business/economics, containing substantial components of finance. Students with an outstanding degree in a quantitative subjects will be considered.
This course requires a second class honours in the first division (2:1) or GPA of at least 3.2-3.4. For lower English levels, you may complete the course in 2 years.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- IELTS 6.5 with the writing band no less than 6.0 or
- TOEFL (paper based) 573 + TWE no less than 4.5 or
- TOEFL (computer based) 230 + TWE no less than 4.5
- TOEFL (IBT) 88 (no less than 19 in any element)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 16, 2015