Master of Science in Executive Leadership MSEL
The Mission of the Master of Science in Executive Leadership (MSEL) program is to develop and inspire leaders who will transform their organizations and our world through service with compassion and integrity.
Delivered through an alliance between the University of San Diego's School of Business Administration and The Ken Blanchard Companies , the MSEL is an innovative, values-based business degree for established and emerging executives.
MSEL program graduates have developed the leadership skills necessary to:
- Facilitate behavioral change in self and others through self-knowledge and heightened awareness of situational challenges;
- Foster highly productive and collaborative relationships among individuals, teams and organizations;
- Analyze complex business situations, negotiate organizational needs, and plan effectively to meet defined objectives; and
- Design and execute strategic initiatives to effect organizational change, deliver results and achieve industry leadership.
Through the MSEL program, executives acquire the functional disciplinary skills needed to lead a business and the inspirational skills of the heart to ensure a team's success when a good plan is simply not enough.
The MSEL experience includes several distinguishing characteristics
- Executive Participants: The MSEL program targets established and emerging leaders who possess 15 or more years of professional experience.
- Senior Faculty Instruction: Each course is led by a distinguished team comprised of senior USD School of Business Administration faculty, experienced Chief Executive Officers, and internationally recognized business educators. Students benefit from the integration of applied research and real-world business practice.
- Executive Format: Structured to accommodate the busy schedule of executive participants, the program is delivered in one weekend per month, with meals provided while on campus. All books and materials are purchased for and delivered to students prior to each course, allowing executives to maximize their learning time.
- Holistic Leadership: The MSEL program enhances one-on-one, organizational and enterprise leadership. The program curriculum is sequenced to maximize a candidate's skill development.
- Cohort Learning: Executive students, drawn from diverse industries and functional disciplines, progress through a series of 19 integrated courses together. Sharing establised solutions and best-practices to common leadership challenges accelerates learning, expands participants' professional networks, and provides peer support and coaching. Alumni consistently regard the cohort experience as key to the value and impact of the program.
- Real-World Application: Through assignments, students are expected to learn by doing. Each course provides the maximum opportunity to integrate the tools and best-practices in the student's work process. The program is not time away from work, but rather time to reflect on and improve your work.
- High ROI: MSEL graduates are testaments to the impact the program has had on accelerating their career growth and income levels, as well as on their job satisfaction. In addition, MSEL students frequently comment on their ability to use new skills acquired in the previous weekend to resolve job challenges today.
This school offers programs in: