The Research Master European Studies is a two-year interdisciplinary programme leading to a Master of Science degree. The programme’s focus is on doing research into the politics and policies of the European Union and into the wider historical and international contexts of the process of European integration. It is an interdisciplinary programme combining political science and the study of international relations with history and the cultural sciences. The overall objective of the programme is to equip future PhD students and analysts with a broad range of scientific methods and theoretical approaches relevant to the analysis of European phenomena.
The programme operates in close cooperation with other universities, with European Union institutions, other Brussels-based actors and with the national administrations of the European Union member states.
The research master’s programme European Studies can also be studied as a double degree programme in co-operation with the University of Cologne.
The Research Master European Studies at Maastricht University…
- is a two-year international and interdisciplinary Master of Science programme
- is taught in English
- offers the possibility to follow a double degree track, which results in two master's diplomas: first year of the programme at Maastricht University, second year at the University of Cologne
- combines political science and the study of international relations with history and the cultural sciences
- explores the politics, policies and administration of the European Union
- pays attention to the wider historical, cultural and international contexts of the process of European integration
- uses a distinctive didactic model
- places an emphasis on doing research
- culminates in a master’s thesis
If you would like to come to Maastricht earlier in the summer in order to settle in, you might think about taking a language course or attending the Maastricht summer school for 2, 4 or 6 weeks.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 20, 2016