Master of Science (MSc) in Electronics and Information Technology Engineering
This master is jointly organised in collaboration with Université Libre de Bruxelles.
This course has as general aim to form competent engineers who can contribute to our society, on all levels and in different fields of application.
General competences at an advanced level
- A broad scientific and profound practical knowledge of technology, with attention to the social, moral, juridical, economical and environmental aspects of their activities.
- The students are ready for an international career with English as working language.
- They are prepared to take responsibilities, can withstand stress, can act individually but can also function in a group.
- They are intellectually mobile and curious, they can act upon necessary evolutions, they are prepared for life-long learning, especially in their own field of specialization.
Scientific knowledge in their own field
The course aims at forming engineers adapted to the actual needs of our society. They have also a broad overview of the impact of electronics and informatics on industry, on economics and on the world-wide trade and commerce.
Because the students were already involved in an actual research project during their master thesis work, they have already some experience in conducting research, and can consequently contribute to technological and/or scientific innovations.
They have a profound and active knowledge of the theory and applications of electronics and information technology, starting from the component up to the system level. This is because the students have learned, during their studies, to specify, design and evaluate individual components as well as complex systems.
Moreover, they have acquired during their studies:
- a profound knowledge of electronic circuits and systems knowledge of tele-communications and computer-controlled systems
- basic knowledge of information theory, treatment of signals and images, multimedia and photonics
- a profound knowledge of modeling, system-identification, electric and electronic measurements and industrial control
- some basic knowledge of economics and management informatics and software engineering
The students have to specialize in one of the above mentioned topics by choosing a coherent package of optional course units. Moreover, they have also the possibility to broaden their view by choosing free optional course units.
With their master thesis they have shown to be able to solve autonomously a specific scientific-technical problem.
This school offers programs in: