The Master’s programme in Economics at Radboud University offers you more than just a Master's degree in Economics; it incorporates relevant knowledge from related disciplines such as psychology and sociology into the programme. The programme offers small-scale teaching and a personal approach to education, since all professors are easily approachable. A major advantage of this programme is its strong methods orientation, which is important to increase our understanding of the world of economics and business. You will be exposed to the most recent academic and practical developments in the field of Economics.
Research orientation and Societal relevance
Scientific and societal relevance reinforce one another. When addressing contemporary issues in economics, like the economic crisis in the EU or investment decisions by a company, it is crucial to evaluate them from an academic perspective. We offer you the tools to understand and evaluate these issues and improve your economic decision making. We teach you how to think independently and critically about the way in which economics can be applied in a professional sense.
Employers are increasingly looking for economists who can tackle a wide variety of economic problems in a professional manner from different perspectives. As you will specialize yourself in one of six sub-disciplines (see below) and study them not only from economics, but also from political and societal points of view, you will be in high demand by employers such as central banks, ministries, (investment) banks, international agencies, consulting firms, pension funds, and accounting firms. Our programme pushes your curiosity to understand, evaluate and where possible improve economic decision making in your professional career afterwards.
Before the programme starts, you will choose a specialisation:
- Accounting & Control
- Corporate Finance and Control
- Financial Economics
- Economics, Behaviour & Policy
- International Business & Economics
- International Economics & Development
- International Political Economics
As an international student your prior education must meet certain requirements.
1. A completed Bachelor's degree in Economics or a closely-related discipline from a research university with a fair number of courses in your preferred specialisation. See the admission requirements page of the specialisation for information on the required courses.
2. A proficiency in English
In order to take part in this programme, you need to have fluency in both written and spoken English.This requirement has been satisfied when the student meets one of the following conditions:
- Has successfully completed a three-year Bachelor's programme at a Dutch university.
- Is a citizen of Australia, Canada (with exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
- Has successfully completed a Bachelor's programme that was taught completely in the English language in one of the following countries: EU/EEA-countries, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America.
- Has successfully completed a Master's programme from a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO).
All other students need one of the following certificates (TOEFL and IELTS certificates may not be older than two years).
- A TOEFL score of ≥90, with subscores not lower than 18
- A IELTS score of ≥6.5, with subscores not lower than 6.0
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with a mark of C or higher
Pre-master for international academic students
In some cases, when your educational background does not grant you direct admission to the Master’s programme in Economics, you can enrol in one of the one-year pre-Master’s programmes. Each pre-Master’s programme corresponds with one of the specialisations of the Master’s programme in Economics.
DeadlinesProgrammes starting in September
- Non-EEA students: 1 April.
- EEA students: 1 May.
Both the Keuzegids Masters and the Bachelor’s programme information guide Keuzegids Universiteiten have now designated Radboud University as the ‘Best General University’ in the Netherlands.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 7, 2016