MSc in Early Childhood Education with Special Needs
The AEGEAN COLLEGE offers in Greece a postgraduate programme of high standards which leads in the MSc in Early Childhood Education with Special Needs.
The programme has a total duration of 2 years and is targeted to a wide range of graduates and professionals such as educators, teachers, nursery teachers, school consultants and other professionals who work in sectors related to education such as psychologists and speech and language therapists.
It is a flexible programme which offers the opportunity for specialisation in early years education with special needs. The programme concerns the education of children up to the age of 8 with difficulties like dyslexia, Specific Language Impairment or other impairments which might affect the learning process.
Students of MSc in Early Childhood Education with Special Needs will have the opportunity to seek practical training placement at collaborative clinical settings.
Aegean College’s graduates of the MSc in Early Childhood Education with Special Needs have the opportunity to work with children with specific developmental-cognitive-neurological disorders, learning difficulties and special needs. They can offer their services at various work settings in the private and public sector and as self-employed professionals with recognized professional rights in nurseries, schools, special needs schools, rehabilitation centres, special education centres and centres for children with chronic health problems. They are also being prepared, in the best possible way, to be able to continue their studies at a doctoral level.
- Theories of Childhood and Education
- Developing Leadership for Early Childhood
- Contemporary Issues in Early Years Education
- Multicultural Education and Multilingual Classes
- Development, Learning and Curriculum in Special Needs
- Identification and Education of Learners with Special Educational Needs
- Research Methodology in EducationPost-Graduate Dissertation
- BA/BSc Early Childhood Education, Pre-School Education, Nursery Services, Primary Education, Psychology and Speech and Language Therapy
- English: IELTS Level 6.5 or TOEFL score of 580 or 230 computer based (only for programmes taught in English)
- APL covers a wide range of professionals who offer services in the area of Education and Special Needs
The Aegean College premises ensure the normal and smooth operation in the best possible way of its educational purpose. The laboratories, the library and classrooms satisfy and meet the needs of students and academic staff faculty and provide unique conditions for the teaching and learning experience.
Aegean College computer labs provide wireless free connection to students, academic staff and visitors. Once enrolled, students receive access to detailed information related to their programme of study, through the college’s password protected intranet facility (Portal). Facilities provided through the College Intranet system allow students to retrieve class presentations and notes, access set assessments, view academic calendar pertinent to their area of study, retrieve important bulletins posted by both academic and administrative staff at the college, access material valuable to their academic efforts as well as allow them to take part in academic fora.
The Aegean College intranet system facilitates both on-site and remote access in order to maximise academic benefits received.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 7, 2015