- Concentrations: 1. Cyber Security, 2. Mobile Systems (MSc, 1.5 Years or 3 Semesters)
- Duration (years): 1.5 years or 3 semesters
- Qualification Awarded: Computer Science (MSc, 1.5 years or 3 semesters)
- Level of Qualification: 2nd Cycle (Master’s Degree).
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Mode of Study: Full time/ Part time.
- Minimum Credits: 36
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme:
The Master degree advances the students’ knowledge in core areas of Computer Science beyond the undergraduate level and exposes them to current and emerging trends. The programme provides an introduction to research within the field, while strengthening the candidate's effective application of Computer Science methods. The degree is designed to have the learning outcomes related to the application of knowledge and understanding for the analysis, design and development of computer systems. The curriculum prepares the student for a wide variety of computer-oriented careers, such as managerial positions in the ICT industry as well as technical development, administration or entrepreneurial positions in ICT. The degree constitutes an independent and terminal study in addition to providing the basis for acceptance to, and continued studies towards, a doctoral degree in Computer Science. The content of the programme is highly practical and experimental and allows the students to choose those elective courses that will meet their future career goals. The practical direction of the degree aims to address the current and anticipated needs of the local industry, this is achieved through close collaboration between the Department of Computer Science and industrial partners through joined projects, guest lecturers to courses, and open days organised by the University and industrial bodies. The program aims of the specialization in Cyber Security focus on the impact of cyber warfare in the contemporary digital era and the analysis of threats, vulnerabilities and risks in a network environment. It also focuses on penetration testing principles and approaches to mitigate potential network attacks.
The program aims of the specialization in Mobile Systems focus on the fundamental concepts of Mobile Computing and wireless technology as well as on the development of software and applications for mobile platforms.
Graduates of the MSc programme should be able to:
- hold managerial positions in the ICT industry or government offices;
- become senior technical developers or administrators in the ICT marketplace;
- become entrepreneurs and establish their own enterprises;
- continue studying towards a doctoral degree.
In addition, graduates of the Cyber Security concentration will be well-suited for positions within government and private industry and should be able to:
- work as Chief Information Security Officers
- become System, Network, and/or Web Penetration Testers
- become Computer Network Defense Analysts
- hold positions such as Security Consultants as well as System and Application Developers
Alternatively, the specialization in Mobile Systems, will enable graduates to:
- become senior technical developers and Mobile Systems Experts providing Mobile computing solutions
- hold managerial positions in the Mobile Systems industry
- hold critical positions in Mobile industry operators
Access to Further Studies:
The graduate programme provides the basis for acceptance to a doctoral degree in Computer Science.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 1, 2016