MSc in Biotechnology
AIMST University offers masters and doctorate programmes in Biotechnology.
The objective of the postgraduate programmes is to provide graduate students with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge through independent research in a selected branch of Biotechnology field. This will enable graduates to be competent in handling basic and applied research in their chosen specialities.
- Vaccine development
- Molecular Biology
- Rapid Molecular diagnostics
- Molecular Microbiology
- Biodiversity and in vitro conservation
- Protease Receptors & Allergens
- Microbial Pathology (Plant)
- Abiotic Stress Plants
- Tissue and Cell Culture
- Bioreactors & Modelling
- Solid State Fermentation
- Plant Genetic Transformation
- Signal Transduction Pathways
- Immunology & Monoclonal Antibodies
- Functional Genomics & Proteomics
- Fish Breeding Under Improvement
- Nutritional requirment of fishes
- Medicinal Plants & Bioprospecting
- Microbial Pathogenesis
- Cholera vaccine
- Cholera diagnostics
At the end of the course, students are required to prepare a thesis of their research work. The thesis will be evaluated by a panel of examiners and a viva-voice will be conducted
Affordable fee structure*
Tuition fee for One years
Food & Accommodation per month
Minimum Program Duration for M.Sc Biotechnology – 1 years
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biotechnology or other related sciences or other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian government.
Intake: Throughout the year
Why choose AIMST University, Malaysia
- 10 years of excellence in Biotechnology education
- Smart partnership with Biotech Companies, 99% placement rate.
- B.Sc (Hons) Biotechnology program received Grade A by Malaysian Qualification Agency.
- Implemented BeST program of Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation for B.Sc (Hons) Biotechnology students
- Our students enrolled in postgraduate programs in UK, Australia, Singapore and Japan.
- Affordable cost
- Ultra Modern Advanced Molecular Biology Laboratories
- “Experienced, Knowledgeable lecturers and well landscaped campus” Mr. Satheswaran, B.Sc Biotechnology
- “BSc Biotechnology program completes me education wise and personal development” Ms. Oong Chang Li, B.Sc Biotechnology
- “Perfect stepping-stone into career path & passionate lecturers ” Ms. Shamini, M.Sc Biotechnology.
ð Indoor and outdoor sports facilities and Olympic size swimming pool
ð 45 minutes drive from Penang International Airport
ð In campus cafeteria - open from 7.00 am - 2.00 am
ð 24 hours security services
ð In campus hostel facilities
ð In campus Health clinic
ð In campus Mosque
ð Halal food
HOW TO APPLY
IMPORTANT Contact Lecturers at Faculty (click the link below) based on the research area of your interest, prepare research proposal (without Research Proposal, application will not be processed)
1 Complete the “APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION
2 Processing fee : Demand draft in USD 150 payable
to “AIMST SDN.BHD. REV ACCOUNT”
3 Certified true copy of Two (2) sets of passport
copies (All pages, including the blank pages in A4
size paper) It is highly recommended that the passport
has minimum validity of one-and-a-half (1.5) years
from the commencement date of your course.
4 Six (6) passport-sized photographs (blue
5 Certified true copy all school results (Please
provide an official translation in English if the
certificate is in foreign language).
6 Original “Health Examination Report For
International Student “
7 Letter of No Objection Certificate (NOC) (required only
for students from Sub-Saharan countries)
8 Resume / CV (Only if you are 25-years-old and above)
9 Supporting document for the source of finance for
Sponsored students or self-financed students.