What makes a leader? Why do people behave irrationally?
This unique double-degree programme with Tilburg University provides training in theoretical and applied social psychology to prepare students for careers in academia or in applied research settings.
During the first year in Moscow at HSE, students focus on social and cross-cultural psychology, learning how external factors influence behavior and how to identify cultural differences. The second year, which can be spent at Tilburg University or at HSE, is devoted to organizational and economic psychology. Students study with world-renowned psychology experts and have the flexibility to combine the programme with a specialization in another field, for example, management or Asian studies.
Graduates go on to doctoral programmes or work as researchers, organizational psychologists, or human resources specialists.
Students elect a focus area from four study tracks:
- Social Psychology (advanced social psychology, social influence, interpersonal relations, etc.)
- Cross-Cultural Psychology (culture and social behavior, personality and culture, cross-cultural cooperation, socio-cultural factors of economic development, acculturation and psychological adaptation of migrants, prevention of ethnic and religious extremism, cross-cultural management, etc.)
- Economic Psychology (behavioral economics, theory and methodology of economic psychology, research methods in economic psychology, consumer behavior, financial behavior, etc.)
- Work and Organizational Psychology (organizational behavior, leadership in organizations, organizational consulting, personnel assessment, etc.)
Programme benefits for students:
- Education at two universities, HSE (Moscow, Russia) and Tilburg University (Tilburg, the Netherlands), and two degrees upon graduation
- A unique international experience, which will be a big step towards having an internationally-oriented career
- The opportunity to choose a specific focus area, combining a major in social psychology with minors in fields including management, Asian studies, sociology, and economics
- Professional development in different areas of social psychology, including social and cross-cultural psychology, economic psychology, and work and organizational psychology
- Study with world-renowned social psychology scholars, including Shalom H. Schwartz, John W. Berry, Nadezhda Lebedeva, and Seger Breugelmans (HSE), and Fons van de Vijver, Marcel Zeelenberg, and Ilja van Beest (Tilburg University)
Tilburg University (Netherlands)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 13, 2016