Master of Science in Accounting
The University of Tampa Master of Science in Accounting program prepares students for the dynamic nature of a professional career in accounting. Offering both full and part-time schedules, the Master of Science in Accounting graduate curriculum includes courses to help students meet the educational requirements for professional certifications and related exams.
Accounting is often called the language of business. Organizations plan, assess and report the results of operations, financial condition and cash position using accounting principles to prepare financial statements that express business operations to both internal and external users of financial information.
External users assess creditability, performance, risk and investment potential, while internal users assess the efficiency of resource allocation, performance and achievement of strategic objectives in the daily management of a business. All organizations, whether large or small, rely on accountants to record and report the activities of the business.
The curriculum is tailored to expose students to specific areas of accounting, including Internal Audit, Federal Tax Accounting, Business Law for Management, Business Ethics and Corporate Governance, and Financial Accounting Theory. Electives are also offered in Advanced Financial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting, Advanced Management Accounting, Accounting Systems Control and Business Valuation.
Application Requirements and Documents for M.S. in Accounting
- Completed application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is required.
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential.
- Personal statement
- Individual interviews are recommended but not required.
- Work experience is not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report.
Applicants without an undergraduate accounting degree may be admitted as a full degree-seeking student; however, all applicants will be required to complete course prerequisites.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 29, 2016