Are you interested in sustainable food production “from farm to fork” and how to manage food processing and other food production related activities in a sustainable way? Do you want to study in an international context? Then the European MSc programme Sustainable Food Systems is the right choice for you!
The food sector faces new challenges towards greater sustainability, including food quality and safety, public health, working conditions, environmental impacts. Markets’ globalization also impacts the future jobs in this sector and leads to a greater internationalization of the food companies and organizations. The future managers of the food sector will have to deal with these challenges, contributing to the development and implementation of sustainable food processes and related activities, and to the development of environmentally and socially responsible organizations. They must also have the abilities to integrate in international and multicultural environments.
The European MSc Sustainable Food Systems is jointly offered:
- by a European consortium gathering around ISARA-Lyon (France), renown universities in Belgium (Ghent University), Denmark (Aarhus University), Germany (University of Kassel and Hochschule Fulda) and Romania (University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Napoca)
- in close collaboration with a network of food companies and organizations of the participating countries in order to guarantee the coherence of students' skills and attitudes with employers' expectations, to secure the employability of the future graduates
- with the support of the European Union
There is a high demand for qualified professionals who are able to deal with challenges of sustainability and know how to integrate and implement sustainability in the food chain. With the MSc Sustainable Food Systems, you will have very flexible career opportunities in the food sector, both nationally and internationally. You will be a strong candidate for management positions in food industries, SMEs or other organizations acting in the food sector.
Typical job opportunities will be project managers, or managing positions within the fields of:
- Supply chain
- Food production and processes
- Food quality and safety
- Sustainable development
- Food system innovation
- ISARA-Lyon (France)
- Fulda University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- University of Kassel (Germany)
- Ghent University (Belgium)
- University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- Aarhus University (Denmark)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 16, 2015