MSc Supply Chain Management
On successful completion of this programme, you are expected to have knowledge and understanding of:
Outline of programme
This programme requires you to study 9 taught modules, plus the completion of a Major Project with a dissertation of up to 20,000 words. Each taught module involves up to 22 teaching hours including tutorials, case studies and guest lectures. The programme runs from October to September with examinations/assessments held in December, March/April and June. The Major Project occupies the final six months, being submitted in September.
- Research Methods*
- Multi-Organisational Enterprises and Enterprise Systems
- Managing Projects
- Strategic Management*
- Strategic Finance*
- Operations Management
- Simulation for Managerial Decision Making
- Supply Chain Management*
- MSc Project.
*Module delivered by School of Engineering and Applied Science
The programme is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). On completion of the degree, successful students will also be a CMI Diploma in Management.
This programme is suitable for candidates seeking a career in the Supply Chain Management sector, particularly those who aspire to senior management levels.
One of the following:
- A first or good second class Honours Degree from a UK academic organisation or an overseas degree recognised by Aston, or a degree equivalent professional qualification.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in: