IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR YOU?
The master's programme Spatial Planning (previously known as Planologie) trains you to solve conflicting interests on urban land. Many stakeholders have different ideas on how to use land – learn to balance them and find sustainable solutions. As a planner, you are also directly involved in preparing public policy for sustainable cities. Apply appropriate methods and instruments that contribute to sustainable, smart, and inclusive spatial policy. Learn how to develop innovative concepts and manage complex governance processes for the sustainable use of spatial resources such as land and shape the urban environment of the future.
The programme in Utrecht prepares you to approach issues such as, facilitating sustainable urban (re)development, finding answers to changing socio-spatial demands (such as demographic or climate change), dealing with complexities of metropolitan areas and real estate development in difficult economic times, or governance of environmental changes in an uncertain climate. Therefore, you will be trained in
- analysing spatial problems with dedicated scientific methods;
- applying innovative knowledge and theories to come up with appropriate solutions;
- evaluating and prioritising alternative spatial development options;
- governance and management of cities.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- Statutory fee - fulltime 2017-2018: € 2,006 (NL/EU)
- Statutory fee – part-time 2017-2018: €1,787 (NL/EU)
- Institutional fee 2017-2018: € 15,167 (non EU/EEA)
Last updated November 24, 2016