Real time systems and human computer interaction are two major areas of specialism within the school and two areas in which industry needs experts.
You will learn advanced techniques in program design (including software patterns and component technologies) and information handling (structured information and databases). You will also cover vital areas such as security, specification, risk management, usability, and design integrity. You can study key issues of interactive system design, leading to the ability to identify issues and trade-offs in the design of human-computer interaction, and to invent and evaluate alternative solutions to design problems. You will study the mathematical foundations of software and their use in practice. You will develop skills to manage software project risks and learn about the development of tools to support decision making.
This programme will:
- Teach you advanced techniques in program design.
- Allow you to study key issues of interactive system design.
- Teach you the mathematical foundations of software and the practical application of these techniques.
- Focus on discovering ways of mitigating risk in large scale software engineering projects.
- Enable you pursue roles in areas such as software design and engineering, web development, project management and IT consulting.
Why study your MSc in Software Engineering at Queen Mary?
The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science is rated in the top 20 universities in the UK for studying computer science and electronic engineering. We are internationally recognised for our pioneering and ground-breaking research, and innovative public engagement programme.
- This MSc programme is reviewed and approved by a panel of industrial experts convened by the School to ensure that each of our programmes is up-to-date and relevant to the computing sector.
- We are internationally recognised for our pioneering and ground-breaking research, and innovative public engagement programme.
- This course is taught by specialists in Interaction systems. Our enthusiasm for our research keeps our teaching exciting and up to date. Nine of our staff hold prestigious awards for teaching.
- Modern technology is now in line with our research areas of mobile technology, search engine development, document database development, search engine development and web technology development.
- We also have excellent links with industry, working together on commercial and research projects.
This school offers programs in: