This programme aims to provide you with a strong professionally- oriented training in accounting. You will study the professional syllabus of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW), and will obtain exemptions from all six Professional Level papers of the exams leading up to the designation of Chartered Accountant (subject to validation of the MSc by ICAEW), as well as receiving preparation to sit the Final Advanced level papers. The programme also includes an additional 600 hours of Additional Learning activities which will provide you with research and professionally-relevant skills and additional English training as required. Engagement in the IBSS research seminar series is also encouraged.
THE PROGRAMME AIMS TO EQUIP YOU WITH:
- the intellectual skills and theoretical understandings appropriate to the study of accounting at postgraduate level;
- an awareness of key current issues, theory and practice in the field of accounting;
- skills in professional accounting and financial decision making, evaluation and analysis of financial data and the techniques to evaluate and act upon complex financial and tax-related issues encountered in practice;
- the knowledge necessary towards qualifying and operating as a Chartered Accountant.
- FINANCIAL STRATEGY
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
- AUDIT AND ASSURANCE
- BUSINESS STRATEGY AND MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS PLANNING – TAXATION
- TAX COMPLIANCE
- CORPORATE REPORTING AND AUDITING I AND II
- STRATEGIC BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- INTEGRATED CASE STUDY
The MSc Professional Accounting programme is designed to prepare you to qualify as a Chartered Accountant with ICAEW, and it is also useful preparation towards other professional accountancy exams, such as those offered by ACCA. Students who successfully complete the programme and achieve grade levels stipulated by ICAEW, in addition to the four or more ICAEW paper exemptions that the student must already hold to enter the programme, and who then pass the Advanced Level papers, will have completed the examination requirements necessary to become a Chartered Accountant with ICAEW. After then satisfying the professional work experience component, you will be able to apply to become a Chartered Accountant with ICAEW.
Our overall aim on the programme is to prepare you for the workplace from day one. Our Master of Science in Professional Accounting programme provides you with a comprehensive up-to-date knowledge of contemporary international financial reporting and auditing, and is highly relevant to solving the challenges that face organisations today in their business planning. You will also have the opportunity to meet high profile people from the business world, and exploit our strong links with ICAEW, as well as attending the networking events that we run with local employers from time to time, and events delivered by recruiting organisations on campus.
To apply or for more information regarding entry requirements, fees and scholarships please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 12, 2016