The Master Degree Programme in Power Plant Engineering comprises a wide range of power engineering subjects aimed at theoretical and practical training.
The programme is implemented with the participation of the leading professors of St.Petersburg State Polytechnic University and other leading Russian and foreign universities. All lectures and seminars are delivered in English.
Objective of the Programme
The Master degree programme has been developed to train highly qualified professionals to design, operate and maintain power plants.
Upon graduation the participants will become proficient in the field of modern energy sector. Our graduates of “Power Plant Engineering” Master Programme are highly-trained professional engineers capable of the analysis, evaluation and implementation of the state-of-the-art technical solutions aimed at improving the energy efficiency of power plants. Our graduates develop practical skills and professional competences in the design and operation of power plants, including construction, commissioning, start-up and management; and the capability to simulate and analyze the operation of power plants with the use of up-to-date sophisticated software.
The program provides our students with:
- extensive interaction between lecturers and students during scientific and research work
- the profound knowledge and wide network of international contacts for further careers in top positions in energy companies;
- tours to industrial facilities.
The program offers a unique opportunity to have an internship in the leading Russian energy companies.
The program gives foreign students the opportunity to study in international and multinational academic environment, be involved in extracurricular activities at the University.
Unique opportunities for international academic mobility. One semester abroad in one of the partner universities.
The programme aims at developing practical skills and competences in the field of:
- advanced knowledge of thermodynamics;
- operation and design of power plants;
- development of energy efficient technologies and solutions in energy industry;
- modelling of power plants;
- modes of operation of power plants;
- environmental safety;
- power management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 5, 2016