Study power and politics as they impact everyday lives in a top-ranked, selective programme.
It's all about choice
Choice is at the very heart of politics. War or peace, left or right, liberty or security, sovereignty or integration, consensus or conflict—choices matter. Choice is also key to your education. Choose an intellectually challenging programme in which you develop your knowledge and expertise in the study of politics. If you wish, you can opt for an internship. And you can design your own thesis project, based on your own needs and interests. Choose a respected, selective programme that fits your future ambitions. Choose the MSc programme in Political Science at Leiden University.
By doing an MSc in Political Science in Leiden or The Hague, you will benefit from an advanced grounding in the fundamentals of political analysis and advanced training in essential academic and professional skills. There are six specialisations and two cities from which to choose.
- International Organisation
- Political Science
- International Politics
- Nationalism, Ethnic Conflict and Development
- Parties, Parliaments and Democracy
- Political Legitimacy and Justice
- International Politics
- Nederlandse Politiek
6 reasons to study Political Science at Leiden
- Leiden’s Institute of Political Science is one of the largest political science departments in Europe. It accommodates a wide range of (sub)disciplines and research interests.
- Your lecturers are high ranking specialists in their field.
- All courses are taught in small groups, allowing for personal contact with your fellow students, as well as your instructors.
- The specialisations offer you a chance to explore topics in-depth that best suit your preferences.
- Besides studying interesting themes, you will also familiarise yourself with the state-of-the-art in social and political science literature and research skills.
- The city of Leiden is a popular student city, with attractive sights and a lively atmosphere. The city of The Hague harbours the main national political institutions of the Netherlands and many international organisations. Both propose a wide variety of cultural, sports and leisure activities.
EU/EEA, Dutch (including Netherlands Antilles), Swiss or Surinamese: around €1,984.
Other: around €16,400.
If you would like to know more, perhaps regarding our specialisations, please get in touch or visit the programme page: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/political-science-leiden/en/introduction.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 20, 2016