MSc Mechanical Engineering, 120 credits
The Mechanical Engineering master's programme deals with the product development cycle from an engineering perspective, encompassing everything from idea to the final product.
The programme starts with a semester of traditional mechanical engineering, mathematics and computer programming courses which are mandatory. These courses prepare students for further studies in one of the programme's specialisation areas:
- Engineering Systems Design - includes all aspects from classical machine design to mechatronics
- Engineering Mechanics - comprises classical and modern applied mechanics with a strong focus on modelling and simulation.
- Manufacturing Engineering and Management - spans the area between automated manufacturing processes to supply-chain management.
The final semester of the Mechanical Engineering master's programme is devoted to the degree project.
Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering disciplines and as a graduate in this subject you will have good opportunities for employment in almost all sectors of the engineering industry.
Mechanical engineers can be involved with the generation, distribution and use of energy; the design and development of machines, vehicles and transportation systems; processing of materials; and work frequently with developing new solutions to environment problems. Mechanical engineers are expected to be creative, have a broad knowledge and work as a multidisciplinary team member.
- Degree: Master of Science with a major in Mechanical Engineering
- Language: English
- Duration: Two years, 120 credits
- Pace of study: Full-time
- Campus: Linköping
- Application code: LIU-91116
- Application period: 16 Oct - 15 Jan
- Start date: August / September
Citizens from within the EU/EEA and Switzerland: No tuition fees
All others: SEK 140,000 (approx. USD 20,000/EUR 15,000) per academic year
Programme specific requirements
Applicants shall have:
- a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- at least 30 ECTS credits in mathematics/applied mathematics and/or application of mathematics relevant to the program
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2016