- Academic degree: Master
- ECTS: 120
- Duration: 2 academic years
- Regime: Normal
- Location: Campus of Azurém, Guimarães
- Main scientific area: Micro and Nano Technologies
The Master's degree in Micro and Nano Technologies is an initiative of the Departments of Industrial Electronics project (DEI), Polymer Engineering (DEP), Textile Engineering (DET), Mechanical Engineering (DEM), Biological Engineering (DEB), Informatics (DI), from School of Engineering at University of Minho.
The study cycle considers the following main objectives:
- Complement the training of graduates in courses in Science and Science Engineering or similar, providing specialized training in different areas with the application of micro and nano technologies such as medicine, biology, telecommunications, automotive, sport, electronics, textile, aerospace, etc.;
- Provide advanced training in the ability to develop manufacturing techniques, processing and characterization of new materials and micro / nano systems;
- Providing the development of sensors and electronic technologies compatible with the materials and processing methods micro / nano structures;
- Providing the transfer of technology in the development of new products micro / nano integrated, taking into account the specifications of the applications;
- Provide training in research methodology, with a view to innovation and development.
The career opportunities cover a wide range of areas and activities related to this issue, such as medicine, biology, telecommunications, automotive, sport, electronics, textile, aerospace, among others. In Braga and close to the A located the Iberian Nanotechnology Institute / Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory - INL. This Institute has had a leading role in the development of nanotechnologies in Europe and especially at Minho.
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)
Last updated May 11, 2016