- Academic degree: Master
- ECTS: 120
- Duration: 2 academic years
- Regime: Normal
- Local: University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, Braga
- Scientific Area: Prevention and Control of Pollution
- Joint Master offered by The Department of Biological Engineering of the University of Minho
This MSc course is designed to give training in environmental management and pollution prevention in an industrial context. It is guided to the solution of problems in process industries as well as the acquisition of soft skills in clean technologies and source pollution reduction contributing for a sustainable development. It covers the environmental issues surrounding industrial processes, including the legislative framework and explains how to minimise pollution and resource usage (green engineering) towards a cleaner production.
Its fundamental goals are:
- To provide knowledge on green engineering and clean technologies in process engineering and on the properties of different materials and products;
- To stimulate the use of tools of integrated pollution prevention and control, such as cleaner production technologies, life cycle assessment, eco-design and eco-efficiency;
- To qualify for the implementation and auditing of environmental management systems, and integrated environmental, quality and safety management systems, as well as Social Accountability, Human Resources, Energy Management;
- To make available knowledge on pollution control technologies, waste recovery and disposal;
- To develop research competences in clean technologies and pollution prevention;
- To provide information on the legal framework applicable to environmental issues;
- To foment entrepreneurship practices related with environmental issues.
The Master course in Environmental Management aims at preparing the graduates so that they acquire knowledge on the specific area of Environmental Management, together with a more comprehensive training in related areas. It is aimed to provide to the students an integrated and high-level training that contributes to the sustainable development of the industrial area and service sectors. For that, the Master on Environmental Management confers to the future Masters competences, skills and working and research methods that provide the ability to conceive, design, adapt and perform quality management projects, namely environmental management projects, according to the quality and innovation parameters internationally accepted.
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)
Last updated May 11, 2016