MSc Market Research and Consultancy
In dynamic and turbulent competitive markets, organisations increasingly rely on timely and rigorous market-based information to inform strategic decision-making. The MSc Market Research and Consultancy is designed to equip you with an in-depth knowledge of market research principles and practice. It provides a solid grounding in the essential skills and capabilities required to execute robust and effective market research. It is perfect for motivated students seeking a demanding and challenging programme of study. Studying the MSc Market Research and Consultancy at Aston gives you the chance to get two degrees: An MSc and the world’s fastest growing vocational market research qualification accredited by the Market Research Society (MRS).
Outline of programme
Studying the MSc Market Research and Consultancy, you will learn about advanced market research methods with a practitioner perspective. The course is designed to develop your knowledge by focusing on the application of strong theoretical principles in an applied and supportive environment. You will gain an appreciation of how rigorous data collection and analysis impacts on marketing decision making.
- Foundations of Market Research
- Qualitative, Quantitative and Experimental Research Methods
- Marketing Management and Consumer Behaviour Theories
- Marketing Consultancy
The learning and teaching methods used throughout the course will sharpen your oral and written skills, and your ability to make persuasive and professional presentations. Group work will also develop your negotiation and team-working skills. Assessment is through a combination of examination, coursework, dissertation and project work.
Successful students will be able to design and implement robust market research programmes, as well as interpret outcomes to the highest level. These skills are primarily used in data driven environments, and it is likely that graduates will pursue careers in marketing management, market research, consultancy or academia.
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in: