Every organisation demands high-level management in order to run smoothly and efficiently. From strategy and policy to development and innovation, strong managers lead successful businesses, driving them forward and raising their profile, profits and reputation. Open to business, management and economics graduates, this MSc is a specialist programme that will build on your existing skills and knowledge and develop them to Masters level.
The programme introduces students to advanced management concepts through a combination of core foundation subjects before selecting one of four specialist pathways. Students also have the opportunity to choose a mixed pathway route, tailoring the course to their requirements.
Find out more about the specialist pathways:
- Management: Strategy MSc
- Management: Entrepreneurship & Innovation MSc
- Management: Operations MSc
- Management: Organisational Leadership & Change MSc
The programme is structured into three components; six core foundation subjects (60 credits), one of four specialist pathways (60 credits), and a dissertation (60 credits). The MSc Management programme is assessed by individual coursework, group coursework, and examinations.
Coursework can take the form of short essays, extended essays, reports and presentations, through which students demonstrate their knowledge and understanding.
Taught modules contribute two thirds of the overall degree (120 credits). The final assessment is the 60 credit dissertation (10,000 – 12,000 words), where students conduct their own research aligned to their pathway under the guidance of a supervisor.
Students undertaking the Entrepreneurship & Innovation pathway will also have the opportunity to explore starting-up their own business.
Qualification titles reflect the chosen specialist pathway:
- MSc Management: Strategy
- MSc Management: Operations
- MSc Management: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc Management: Organisational Leadership and Change
Students will also have the option to study a mixed pathway, graduating with an 'MSc Management'.
Why study this course
- Opportunity to study one of four specialist pathways; Strategy, Operations, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Organisational Leadership and Change. Students can also study a mixed pathway, tailoring the programme to match their exact requirements.
- Supports a variety of careers, including consulting, research & policymaking, and management positions within both in SMEs and large multinationals. Students undertaking the Entrepreneurship & Innovation pathway have the opportunity to explore starting-up their own business.
- The University of Birmingham is an elite institution with a world class campus and facilities, and was voted The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2013/14.
- Birmingham Business School is a global centre of teaching and research excellence, holding the ‘Triple Crown’ of international accreditations: AMBA, EQUIS and the AACSB.
- You will be taught by expert faculty in a friendly, supportive and international environment with a coursework only assessment structure for each module; 80% Individual, 20% Group Work.
A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent. The degree must be in business, management, economics, accounting, finance or a similar subject area in Business. Students without prior study in Business might be interested in our MSc International Business.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 18, 2016