Degree awarding authority: Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK
Programme entry requirements/ exemptions, etc
Normally, entry to the pathway would require:
• A degree from a UK University, normally at a minimum of lower second class honours;
• Holders of other awards, including those from non-UK universities will be considered on the equivalence of their qualifications.
• Those applicants for whom English is not a first language will be expected to demonstrate a certified level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Candidates who do not possess any of these entry criteria, but can demonstrate appropriate relevant experience in a post of management or professional responsibility may be admitted if, in the opinion of the admissions tutor, they are capable of profiting from and contributing to the pathway.
Manner of instruction delivery
Teaching and learning strategies will be concerned to develop not only high level knowledge and competence in the subject area, but seek to use the high level skills and competences of the student body to ensure that development takes places relatively quickly. Teaching methods will include:
• Class-based teaching and learning situations such a lectures, tutorials and seminars, including discussion groups where experience can be shared and exchanged;
• Live and simulated cases studies, using external organisations with guest facilitators where appropriate;
• Independent and group activities, (class and non-class based);
• Speakers and subject specialists in selected management professions, and with local professional bodies in or related to management development;
Personal and professional reflective practice and self-criticism. This will involve the compilation of personal development plans and reflective portfolios.
Teaching amenities, facilities, etc
Lecturer rooms, Library, computer lab, student study space