MSc International Master's in Statistics
This programme, accredited by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), equips aspiring professional statisticians with the skills they will need for posts in industry, government, research and teaching. It is suitable preparation too for careers in other fields requiring a strong statistical background.
Linear algebra, analysis, regression and probability and inference are core topics for the first year of this 2 year programme, which also includes a dissertation module. In the second year stochastic models and processes, Bayesian statistics and the analysis of large data sets are among the range of topics explored.
Statistics at Kent provides:
- a programme that gives you the opportunity to develop practical, mathematical and computing skills in statistics, while working on challenging and important problems relevant to a broad range of potential employers
- teaching and supervision by staff who are research-active, with established reputations and who are accessible, supportive and genuinely interested in your work
- advanced and accessible computing and other facilities
- a congenial work atmosphere with pleasant surroundings and location, where you can socialise and discuss issues with a community of other students.
As a guide only, the 2014/15 annual tuition fees for this programme are:
International Masters in Statistics - MSc at Canterbury:
Full-time: £5100 UK/EU; £12450 Overseas
- Subject area: Statistics
- Award: MSc
- Course type: Taught
- Location: Canterbury
- Mode of study: Full-time only
- Attendance mode: Campus
- Duration: Two years full-time
- Start: September
- Total Kent credits: 180
- Total ECTS credits: 90
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 31, 2015