The objective of the MSc in Financial Mathematics is to provide advanced analytical training, quantitative knowledge and practical skill-sets required by modern financial institutions. It aims to equip you with a solid education in financial analysis, risk management and financial engineering for successful careers in the finance and banking industries. It is heavily maths/ quant weighted with advanced maths modules and programming modules designed with practical applications in Mathematical/ Quant Finance.
THE PROGRAMME WILL EQUIP GRADUATES WITH:
- Intellectual skills and theoretical understandings appropriate for the study of financial mathematics and quantitative analysis at postgraduate level;
- Practical mathematics and object- oriented programming skills linking finance theories to real-world application;
- Skills in research, evaluation and analysis and the quantitative techniques to evaluate and interpret complex data and research literature;
- Skills and abilities to devise, plan and undertake complex research projects in the field of financial mathematics.
- ADVANCED MODELLING METHODS IN FINANCE
- ADVANCED FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS
- COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN FINANCE
- CONTINUOUS TIME FINANCE
- ADVANCED STATISTICS
- STOCHASTIC CALCULUS
- MICROECONOMICS FOR FINANCIAL MATHEMATICS
- MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS
- QUANTITATIVE METHODS
- NUMERICAL COMPUTATION IN FINANCE
- ADVANCED RISK MANAGEMENT
A graduate degree in Financial Mathematics gives you many employment opportunities:
- The business world such as banks, investment firms, insurance companies;
- Government entities;
- Teaching and research at universities or research institutions;
- Consulting services to financial industries, government regulators, and business entities.
For more information regarding entry requirements and/or fees, please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 11, 2015