With the rapid advancement of computing technology, there is an increasing demand in the dynamic and challenging environment of financial services for a variety of technological talent to deliver business solutions on a global scale. This programme addresses this demand and will train you for advanced technical or managerial roles in new interdisciplinary areas of computational techniques and equip you with financial knowledge to deliver effective business solutions. You will gain:
- theoretical and practical knowledge of key areas of finance and computing in today’s industry and research
- knowledge of the latest technology and applications for the finance industry, such as big data and business analytics
- practical skills in research, analysis, realisation and evaluation of the technical or research documents in financial computing
You will undertake eight modules in the first two semesters and a dissertation project in the third semester for a total duration of 18 months. You will choose these modules based on the subject area of your first degree, such as computing, finance or other fields. The precise content of your dissertation project will be discussed and decided with your project supervisor and is subject to approval. The department is equipped with specialist lab facilities for operating systems, networking, mobile computing and multimedia technology that will support your learning and research.
- RESEARCH METHODS
- DATA MINING AND BIG DATA ANALYTICS
- or DATABASES AND DATA MANAGEMENT and DATA MINING AND MACHINE LEARNING
- ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT or FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- CLOUD COMPUTING
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS SECURITY
- INTERACTIVE SYSTEMS
- OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
- SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURE
- ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS AND STRATEGIES
- FIXED INCOME AND DERIVATIVE INVESTMENTS
- PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Graduates from this programme will find employment as software engineers, database specialists, infrastructure managers, financial analysts, financial consultants, business analysts, system analysts, investment analysts, e-finance architects, credit managers, portfolio managers, business intelligence executives, wealth services officers, and risk management auditors amongst others.
For more information regarding entry requirements and/or fees, please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 31, 2015